![]() |
| Day 2 Bike Riding |
Thursday, September 9th.
Looking slightly more glamourous than yesterday, I ventured on a longer journey to the local library. It is 1.8 km from my house. Travelling on foot, one way, the journey takes approximately 35 minutes. I managed the round trip in half an hour on the bike.
Problem 1.
Despite Dad's best efforts to 'fix' the brakes rubbing on the tyres, halfway through my journey peddling was very sluggish. It was like riding through cement.
As previously mentioned the brake pads are sitting too close to the wheels, and start to grip slightly as I ride. Hopefully Dad will get a chance to fix it soon.
Problem 2.
I was riding through the park to avoid the drama and panic of driving on the road, and I felt pretty pleased with myself for finding such a peaceful route. When suddenly there was a loud flap at my right ear, along with a flash of black and white feathers. 10 seconds later, another! Then open fire! The kamakazee magpies obviously considered my fast riding, black and white helmet as a threat.
I quickly retreated down a side street. The last magpie eye-balling me as I went. It was a harrowing expirience. Needless to say, I took a different route home.
I shall endeavour to find a solution for the magpie onslaught. Hopefully the solution will not require me to wear a scarecrow, or something equally ridiculous!
.jpg)
lol if you tie those long plastic bag ties to your helmet so that they stick up it wards off the maggie attacks.
ReplyDelete